Monday, April 5, 2010

Off Season Beach Break


We took a mini-vacation! Easter weekend Thursday through Sunday. We found a beach house in Strathmere, New Jersey, just 12 miles from my Dad's house. We could bring the doggies! I found it on Craigslist!

Okay. I was skeptical at first. This was by far, the best beachhouse ever.

Just look at the view from our deck!


This is a little snippet of the "gateway" to the beach. I loved the old dune fences. This is tiny beach community totally committed to dune reclamation.

Fiona and Freja are loving this! I'm sorry. Think about it. If you were a dog....


Delaney is in the water in April. Yes it is unseasonably warm. I have so many more photos.

Let me know if you want to see them. I didn't want to "bore" anyone.

I'm a bit more relaxed on a Monday.
We will defnitely go back to this spotl

4 comments:

Katie said...

What an awesome get-away place! Yay craigslist. And I'm so happy for you that the weather has been amazing there for the last few days (you deserve it after all the crap weather the East Coast has gotten lately). I'd love to see more photos - do you have an online album?

dive said...

What a gorgeous spot you found, Neetzy.
Yes, please! More photos!

neetzy said...

Katie,
I needed an early spring! I don't have an online album, although I should. I loved this place!

Dive,

It was amazing. I love the beach in the off-season! We will go back in October.

Jeannette StG said...

Lucky you! Looks like it was very relaxing:) You deserve it, in-between prepping for daughter's college, and the art show!