Monday, May 30, 2011
To me, Memorial Day weekend also meant the unofficial start of summer. Ocean City, New Jersey was open for business and the shoobies were flocking to town. We used to laugh at the Pennsylvanians who clogged the roads trying to capitalize on the three-day weekend. They crowded the boardwalk and bought Budweiser visors to wear with their black socks and sandals.
Now I live in Pennsylvania and I will not go near the shore or anywhere else on Memorial Day weekend. Yesterday we had a very laid back "party" with good friends and good food.
Today I decided to relax. I read an entire book while sitting on the back deck. I haven't done that for a while.
Thanks again the the brave men and women from every country who have allowed me to take an extra day to relax.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
1) ONE OF YOUR SCARS. HOW DID YOU GET IT? I have so many! I’ll take my ankle surgery scars! I got churned up by an ocean wave and shattered my ankle. Five broken bones! Surgeon thought it was caused by either a football injury or a motorcycle accident.
1) 2) WHAT IS ON THE WALLS OF YOUR BEDROOM? Some cheesy naked nymph from the days I worked as a picture framer.
1) 3) WHAT DOES YOUR MOBILE PHONE LOOK LIKE? Flat black and boring. Who cares?
1) 4) WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? Miles Davis and John Coltrane interspersed with the Clash, Modest Mouse, Vampire Weekend, old Joni Mitchell, Mozart, independent new artists, Allman Brothers, old rock, depending on the mood.
5) DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? 1:31 a.m.
6) WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? The school year to end
7) WHO DO YOU MISS? Mom, Michael Canty
8) IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU OR HAS A CRUSH ON YOU? Hopefully my husband,Doug. Crush? That would be hilarious!
9) WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU KISSED? Doug
10) WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME? Ann
11) THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED? Homicide
12) THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO? Doug is talking now
13) DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? Not particularly
14) THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? Mr. Fredericksen from the movie “Up”
15) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE/PERFUME? Eternity by Calvin Klein
16) WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX? Dark hair, blue eyes, but I always end up with the blonde lol.
17) WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY? Funny. I am smart according to the accepted IQ tests but it’s not always “fun” to be brilliant \o/. (I think too much)
18) COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS? Coffee duh
19) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Onion and black olives on cheesy thin crusted New York style pizza
20) IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? A nice sharp provolone with grapes
21) WHO IS THE LAST PERSON WHO MADE YOU MAD? Stupid scholarship committee at school for picking a butt kisser instead of the most amazing art student I’ve ever had the privilege to teach
22) DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE? I used to speak Haitian creole
23) WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT THAT YOU REMEMBER SOMEONE GIVING YOU? I’m fixated on the turquoise EZ-Bake Oven for some reason.
24) DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE? yes
25) 25) ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? No not even close
26) FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? No I am opposed to brand name anything
27) 27) WHAT IS YOUR DREAM CAR? O Lord won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz…
28) WHAT COLOR IS IT? Gold with classic wood interior
29) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF EXERCISE? Walking in the woods
30) WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? Not at my age.