Monday, April 19, 2010

Thirty three days

I wanted to post today. I have all sorts of things going on. I just didn't get around to it. I have those paintings that I painted in the fall and winter that I haven't photographed. I have more beach scenes from our Easter trip. I have old family photos for Sepia Saturday. My art club participated in the annual chalk mural competition Saturday. My kids are keeping me busy with concerts and lessons and scholarship applications.

Instead I scheduled a dentist appointment for me and a doctor appointment for the girls at the same time on the same day and forgot them both. I am considering resigning as advisor to the art club. We managed to fund raise enough money for a trip to New York and they would rather go shopping than visit the museums.

It's that time of year. Thirty-three more days of school. I'm tired. I am sure we will have a wonderful trip and I will love them (Art Club) again before the year ends.

6 comments:

dive said...

Sounds like you're even busier than me, Neetzy. I hope it eases off soon.
Shame on the Art Club for wanting to visit shops rather than museums. Actually, I rather like museum shops so I would probably have done both.

neetzy said...

Hey Dive,

I'm exhausted and wonder why. I shouldn't be mad at my art club. I'm just annoyed (It's that time of year). I still get to take the bus to New York and I do love museum shops. Plus I can dance on the giant keyboard at FAO Schwartz.

Katie said...

Hang in there Neetzy, school will be over before you know it. I'm jealous you get to go to NYC to the museums (and museum shops). My sister worked at the Met for a while (objects conservation and the Egyptian Dept.) and the Natural History Museum so I got some nice behind-the-scenes tours and free IMAX movies. I'll visit again someday.

neetzy said...

Katie,

Wow. What an amazing job! We were going to the MOMA but there is an exhibit featuring live nude performing artists. I'm not sure if that will go over around these ultra conservative parts. (Besides I have a few parents coming along).

Shazza said...

Hopefully you will have a nice relaxing summer to just unwind a bit sis. I think you're down to 29 now!

neetzy said...

Shazza,

Yes!!! I am officially down to 29 days! Can you say Twenty-nine?